Shawn Rhoden is a Jamaican American professional body builder born on April 2, 1975 in Kingston Jamaica. He is nicknamed Flexatron. He was a promising soccer player when he was young.
In 1992, he was inspired by Mr. Universe Yohnnie Shambourger to start bodybuilding. In 1990, he immigrated to the United States of America and settled in Maryland. Following the death of his father in 2002, he became addiction to alcohol; but he was saved by Lenore Carroll, a close friend.
He started his bodybuilding in 1999. He took part in amateur competitions from 1999 to 2009. He then joined the professional competition in 2010. His body building career has however been limited by the injuries he has got during his career.
Competitions he took part in his professional career
· IFBB San Marino –took position one.
· Dubai pro-took position three.
· EVL’s Prague pro-took position two.
· IFBB Arnold classic Europe-took position two.
· Mr. Olympia-took position three.
· IFBB Australian pro-took position one.
· IFBB Arnold classic-took position two.
· IFFB Arnold classic Europe-position four.
· Mr. Olympia-position four.
· IFBB EVL’s Prague pro-position two.
· IFBB Arnold British grand prix-position one.
· IFBB Arnold classic Europe-took position one.
· IFBB FLEX Pro-came fourth
· IFBB Arnold Classic-took position eight.
· Mr. Olympia-took position eleven.
· IFBB Dallas Europe Super show-came third.
· IFBB Dallas Europe Super Show-took position sixteen.
He also took part in amateur competition such as the IFBB North American championships and NPC Delaware open Bodybuilding where he took position one. He also took position two, three and four in 2011 NPC Team Universe Championship, 200 NPC Team Universe Championship and 1999 NPC Team Universe Championship respectively. He lived in Vanice Beach for four months to ensure that he was taken through intense shoulder workout to help him top in the 2013 Mr. Olympia.
He cooks his food without the use of too much sodium to add flavor to his diet. He adds flavor to his meal by using sodium free cutler nutrition dry which contains 28 capsules and optimum nutrition platinum pre (25g). He believes that using less sodium in your meal is a key factor to the bodybuilding dream.
Shawn Rhoden is a humble guy. He does constantly training every day. He eats his meals regularly and his bodybuilding is on. He believes that the body can only achieve what the mind can believe in, despite the fact that his success has been hindered by injuries including tearing nine tendons in his right hand; the bodybuilder is still pushing on.
He started building his body by intense workouts for short periods, supersets and drop sets for achieving the best muscle tension and muscle growth. He has committed his life to competing despite failing in several occasions including a poor record of taking position 16 during the 2010 IFBB Dallas Europe Super Show.
He is a great speculator and trusts that believing in your dreams is the major key to your success however how impossible they may be. He is indeed a great inspiration to those who want to achieve the best out of their struggles. There are many other elements to talk about when it comes to this personality; but the above is an insight.